Causes for drag outs
Drag outs are lines that smear out from printed areas in web direction. Causes are most commonly dirt which accumulates on the top of the doctor blade tip. This is supported by a low doctor blade angle or a very flexible doctor blade setting. This dirt usually come from badly filtered or reused ink.
Solutions for drag out
1. Check the doctor blade tip for dirt, dust or ink residues on the upper side of side and remove with a chopstick.
2. If there is no visible residue on the upper side, lift up the doctor blade bar and check for residues, remove with rag and solvent.
3. Check ink for dirty particles and clogged up filters as well as use clean ink pans before printing. Change ink if necessary.
4. Check doctor blade angle and adjust accordingly.
5. Check doctor blade setup and adjust back-up blade if necessary. Use a back: up blade three times the thickness of the doctor blade.
TKM recommends TKM CeraPrint.